Monday, July 11, 2011

Wow...

Well, Ive been in Nicaragua for several days now. And overall.... I LOVE IT!

Okay, not everything. I dont like the fact theat we dont have internet yet so I have to use a freaking internet cafe. But we will try to get internet as soon as we can... I only have 19 minutes to tell everyone whats happening. Oh, thekeyboard are weird so if I misspell anything or have bad grammer, thats why.

THE GOOD: You dont need a license to start your own job. If you want to do something, you freakin do it.

It feels AMAZING when it rains.

Everyone here is pretty friendly, not very hostile unless you dont tip them.

Overall things are simpler here. None of this taking things for granted crap.

Some things I cant think of because I only have 15 minutes left on the internet...

THE BAD: Getting internet connection is a huge piece of work that you only attempt when you have several hours of spare time to dedicate to it.

People will try to help you out, but only because theyll stand around and not leave until you tip them.

THE TRAFFIC. Holy crap, the traffic. Driving is basically a free for all... you do what you want, go as fast as you want to go, and you have to lay on the horn all the time. People will cross the street and not even care. They wont look both ways so you have to honk at them so they know youre there.

Kids and people walk around trying to sell things. They will go up to your car at a red light and try to offer you something. Its pretty sad.

The heat... sucks. It doesnt care if youdont sweat or cant sweat, you will sweat anyways. Just from sitting on the porch outside without a fan.



I may complain, but I really do like it. Ive yet to get homesick or emotional or weepy, which surprised me. But Im okay with not mourning over not being in the US. However, I do really miss everyone a lot and wish I had more time to really talk about whats going on over there and whats going on over here.

I will keep everyone updated, as much as I can!

Great. Its raining. Now Preston and I have to walk home in the rain. Fantastic.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment