Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Okay, I lied.... Jed now gets his own post

For those of you who may not know or remember, I mentioned Jed in my last post as the hilarious Australian missionary friend we have here in Nicaragua. I had promised myself and everyone else that I would leave him be, but I just can't anymore after I happened to read Jed's status on Facebook this morning.

I'm going to shut up and let you read it for yourselves.

"Horrifying ordeal at the hair dressers tonight! I am almost too shaken up to share... If you have a fragile tum tums then DO NOT read on... So I enter the salon, and they say they´ll be a few minutes. Of course they were more like half an hour... So then I get my hair washed, which nearly sends me over EVERY time... Who doesn´t like a scalp massage? It´s heaven! Anyway, so then they cut my hair. Wow, nothing special... But then she rants on about MY EARS!"
 A little confusing, right? I didn't fully understand until realizing that Jed must've run out of letter space in the status. When I started reading the comments to that status, of course--Jed was continuing his story as a comment.
"It´s worse when it´s not in your native tongue, cause you´re like "did she say what I think she just said?" And yes, she starts probing my ears with this machine - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK I´m too young to have problems like that. Those problems are SPECIFICALLY reserved for my father, and all of his elderly friends. It gets worse. Before I had gotten over the pain I was feeling in my heart, she THREW me backwards and rammed the thing up my nose... Hooooough-KAAAAAAAAAY now!!! I mean, whatever the case... NO ONE, I REPEAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE wants a utensil that has clearly been rammed up every bloke´s nose, rammed up theirs... The inhuMANity!!! I was sooooooo embarreshed! I tried to look around to see if others were watching on, it´s hard with something rammed up your nose, but to my horror, because of my skewed face, bulging nostril and plastically forced smile, she´d taken out her scissors and was TRIMMING MY EYEBROWS!!! I threw the woman aside, threw money on the counter, and stormed out of that salon, though I couldn´t help myself, all trimmed and gorgeous, just had to do a wee little skip..."


I'm just not going to say anything else besides the fact that I read all of this ten minutes ago and I'm still laughing about it. 


While this is the shortest post I've written, it makes me happy that all I had to do for once was copy and paste. Ahhh, what a pal.

1 comment: