Friday, September 9, 2011

Things I miss, things I'll miss

I've been having problems all summer with my room leaking whenever it rains really hard. Recently after a particular nighttime thunderstorm in which I spent hours awake because of my leaking room, I wrote down my favorite parts about being in America and being in Nicaragua. Since I have nothing else to really blog about, I decided to go ahead and post my lists.

Things I Miss

  • privacy
  • my own bathroom and throne
  • a bedroom without a window connecting to the kids room
  • getting dressed without worrying about being seen
  • warm water
  • the occasional bath
  • no leaky rooms
  • shelves and drawers to put my stuff in
  • my bed
  • my books
  • more food choices
  • eating healthier
  • no kids in the house
  • no kids constantly asking questions
  • peace and quiet
  • blasting my music into the quiet
  • not being stared at by kids/people
  • places to escape the bugs
  • not having to constantly mop and sweep
  • the power staying on consistently
  • no language barriers
  • punctuality 
  • people not coming over to your house unannounced
  • driving my car
  • America's Funniest Home Videos and The Office
  • Dad's house
  • Mom's house
  • Poochmutt, my fat paranoid cat
  • the Vineyard Church of Conroe
  • my loved ones... friends and family

Things I'll Miss

  • the rain
  • the green trees and plants
  • the yummy food... especially the gelato
  • Smirnoff and the drinking age being 18
  • laidback Nicaragua time
  • the utter satisfaction of fighting and killing a cockroach
  • watching a lot of Seinfeld
  • soothing routine of doing my laundry outside
  • cheap prices
  • having ten convenience stores in my neighborhood to walk to
  • the markets and unique, colorful products
  • all the colors in general, especially on the houses
  • riding in a car that says "Yo Amor Nicaragua" and "Texas"
  • the fast driving
  • barely any laws
  • having lots of free time
  • walks around the neighborhood
  • my looks blending in
  • my chances to learn more Spanish
  • crazy adventures and stories
  • the funny sights
  • watching the fire juggler
  • the wonderful places to go
  • La Vina
  • my new friends
  • the Kolbs

No comments:

Post a Comment